Vin Diesel is a famous hollywood actor,who is famously known for his high-energy action movies, such as The Fast and the Furious franchise.Vin is known for his tough-guy persona, bald head and deep voice.
There are many things you may not know about this hollywood hunk.
Some of the unknown looks of Vin Diesel :-
- His birth name is Mark Sinclair Vincent. He got his stage name while working as a bouncer at a nightclub in New York City. “Vin” is short for Vincent, and “Diesel” refers to the star’s non-stop energy.
- He has a fraternal twin brother named Paul. He also has a younger brother, Tim, and a sister, Samantha.
- Vin is 5′ 11″ tall and weighs an average of 225 pounds.
- His mother, Delora Sherleen (Sinclair) Vincent, is an astrologer.
- His mother’s background includes Scottish, English, and German. He has never met his biological father, and has stated that “all I know from my mother is that I have connections to many different cultures”. He identifies himself as a person of color.
- Diesel was raised by his Caucasian mother and African-American stepfather, Irving H. Vincent, an acting instructor and theater manager.
- He grew up in an artist’s housing project in New York’s Greenwich Village.
- Vin’s first film role was a brief appearance in 1990’s “Awakenings” starring Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro. He was uncredited in the role.
- Vin got his first role in the children’s play “Dinosaur Door” after breaking into a theater with some friends at age 7 with the intent to vandalize it. Instead of calling the police, the artistic director offered the kids scripts and $20 a day to act in the production. The acting bug hit.
- In 1995, Vin wrote the short film “Multi-Facial” based on his experiences as an actor. Shot in three days with a $3,000 budget, it played at the Cannes Film Festival later that year where it was well received by critics.
- At the age of 17, he began working as a bouncer at a nightclub in New York called the Tunnel, where he got the name Vin Diesel.
- As a teen he appeared in an instructional breakdancing video called “Breakin’ in the USA.” Here it is:
- The first feature-length film he wrote, called “Strays,” premiered at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival.
- He once worked as a telemarketer selling lightbulbs.
- Vin was cast in Steven Spielberg’s 1998 Oscar-winning film Saving Private Ryan after Spielberg saw his work in Multi-facial.
- He was the voice of the main character in the animated movie The Iron Giant.
- He holds the title of actor with the second highest number of Facebook fans (46,616,128 to be exact). Will Smith is beating him by a cool 4 million.
- Diesel attained action hero stardom with two box office hits: the street racing action film The Fast and the Furious (2001), and the action thriller xXx (2002).
- Diesel started the video game company Tigon Studios in 2002. They in turn worked on the movie based game The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (2004). Tigon Studios is now working on more next gen games as well as having a hand in all Vin Diesel-based games.
- In the 30th anniversary issue of Dragon magazine, it was revealed that Diesel had a fake tattoo of his character’s name, Melkor, on his stomach while filming xXx.
- While on the set of The Fast and the Furious, he began dating co-star Michelle Rodriguez.
- Diesel is a father and has two children. He has a daughter, Hania Riley (born 2008), and a son Vincent (2010) with his girlfriend, Mexican model Paloma Jimenez.
- He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on August 26 of this year. His girlfriend and children made a rare appearance.
- Vin Diesel’s net worth is $75 million.
Some health secrets about Vin Diesel :-
According to Hollywood Celebrity Workouts, he does weight lifting on alternate days which involves different body parts:
First he warm-ups on treadmill by doing a light jog for 5 minutes to get the blood flowing.
Monday (Chest and shoulders)
- Barbell or dumbbell bench press – 4 sets X 5-6 reps
- Incline dumbbell fly(no more than 30 degree angle) – 3 sets X 10-12 reps
- Regular push ups – 2 sets X failure*
- Dumbbell shoulder press – 3 sets X 6 reps
- Upright row – 3 sets X 8 reps
- Side lateral dumbbell raise – 3 sets X 10-12 reps
- Deadlift – 3 sets X 5 reps
- Wide grip cable row – 3 sets X 8 reps
- Bent over dumbbell row – 3 sets X 10 reps
- Pull ups – 4 sets
Friday (arms and legs)
- Incline dumbbell curl – 3 sets X 8 reps
- Standing hammer curl – 3 sets X 10-12 reps
- Triceps rope extension – 3 sets X 8 reps
- Close grip push ups – 2 sets X failure
- Leg press – 3 sets X 10 reps
- Lunges – 2 sets X 8 reps(per leg)
- Standing calf raise – 2 sets X 13 reps
The Vin Diesel Diet
His diet consists of a mix of food items from all nutritional groups including protein, multivitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. To reduce the fat intake he looks to get his carbs from fibre, veggies and fruits. There’s also lean beef (about 500g a week), eggs (considered by many to be superfood), chicken and sweet potatoes.