The dashing and debonair Hollywood star, who won our hearts together with his portrayal of Tony Stark in ‘Iron Man’ which of Sherlock Holmes.Robert Downey Jr. is one amongst the dashing and far-famed actor of gift era known for his roles in a wide selection of films, together with Iron Man, Chaplin, Soapdish and wonder boys.
There are lot of things which we doesn’t know about him.
Some unkown look of Robert Downey Jr
- He is a born actor. He’s the son of director Robert Downey Sr. and actress Elsie Downey and made his debut in his father’s film, Pound (1990) in which he played a role of a puppy.At that time he was only 5 years old.
- Robert Downey Jr. was born on April 4, 1965 in New York City.
- His nickname is Bob.
- Robert Sr. was an actor, writer, producer, cinematographer, and director of underground films and Junior grew up taking parts in his father’s films.
- His father exposed him to drugs when he was six years old and he got addicted to them by the age of eight.
- Robert Downey Jr. attended the Perry House School in Chelsea, London and studied classical ballet at the age of 10.
- His career has included critical and popular success in his youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles, and a resurgence of commercial success in middle age.
- His father, a drug addict, allowed Downey to use marijuana at age six, an incident which his father has said he now regrets. Downey later stated that drug use became an emotional bond between him and his father: “When my dad and I would do drugs together, it was like him trying to express his love for me in the only way he knew how.”
- Eventually, Downey began spending every night abusing alcohol and “making a thousand phone calls in pursuit of drugs”.
- Robert got his big break at age 20 when he joined the acclaimed Saturday Night Live sketch comedy team. But his tenure was short-lived. He was fired due to bad audience ratings a year later.
- Downey’s first leading role on the big screen was a charming womanizer in The Pick-up Artist (1987), a romantic comedy co-starring Molly Ringwald that was written and directed by James Toback.
- He dated actress Sarah Jessica Parker in 1984 after meeting on the set for Firstborn.
- They lived together for eight years.
- He earned his first Oscar nomination for Best Actor for starring as Charlie Chaplin in ‘Chaplin’ (1992), a role for which he learnt how to play the violin and tennis left-handed. However, he lost the award to Al Pacino in ‘Scent of a Woman’.
- Robert has said that his favourite actor of all time is Peter O’Toole.
- His love for his mother, who passed away in 2014, was immeasurable, telling The Telegraph, “My ambition, tenacity, loyalty, moods, grandiosity, occasional passive aggression and faith, that’s all her.
- He literally buried the clothes he wore in “Less Than Zero” (1987) in the back yard of his house as a symbol of leaving his brat pack image to start a new phase in his film career.
- Robert married his first wife, singer Deborah Falconer after dating for just 42 days. They have a son Indio, now 21.
- Robert Downey Jr. later married Susan Downey in 2005. They met on the set of Gothika. She was one of the movie’s producers.
- He and Susan had a son named Exton on February 7, 2012 and a daughter named Avri on November 4, 2014.
- Gothika producer Joel Silver gave the toast at their wedding. The two would go on to collaborate on theSherlock Holmes franchise.
- In interviews, he refers to Susan as “the Mrs.” and has her named tattooed on his arm.
- The star purchased the former home of Charlie Chaplin a few years prior to landing the role of the silent film legend.
- Robert believes he was born to play the part of Iron Man, telling Esquire, “I think Iron Man wound up being the first time I screen-tested since Chaplin. As far as I was concerned, it was destiny.”
- The Iron Man movies have already grossed more than $2 billion worldwide at the box office – a number that will grow should Robert sign on for a fourth installment.
- He won a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Ally McBeal in 2000.
- Robert Downey Jr’s first Academy Award nomination came from his portrayal of film legend Charlie Chaplin in Richard Attenborough’s 1992 biopic Chaplin.
- He also won another for Best Actor for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in 2009.
- Robert kept a lot of the authentic vintage clothing he wore in the movie Chaplin.
- He was labeled the Sexiest Lawyer by People Magazine in 2000 for his role in “Ally McBeal” (1997-2002).
- Robert recently raffled off a chance to spend the day with him in support of a charity close to his heart, the children’s hospice Julia’s House.
- He was included in People magazine’s annual list of Sexiest Men Alive in 2009.
- Downey Jr. once shared a house with fellow actors Kiefer Sutherland and Billy Zane.
- The people love him! He has taken home three People’s Choice Awards – all for his work as Tony Stark aka Iron Man
- Robert Downey Jr. is the first and, so far, the only actor to win a Golden Globe for portraying Sherlock Holmes. He also won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in ‘Ally McBeal’ in 2000.
Health secrets of Robert Downey Jr :-
Robert’s form of exercises needed to hit his main muscle groups from loads of distinct angles, then completed on an inclined climbing treadmill forcing his cardiovascular conditioning via the roof. The exercises are done 3 days per week. The days, however, should not be consecutive to avoid extreme burnout.
- Cardio sessions – The first two weeks are cardio sessions. Each aforementioned activity should be done in 15 reps and 3 sets with a 30-second break following every set.
- Muscle development phase – In the final two weeks, the focus is on increasing the muscle size. In this case, each activity is repeated in 5 reps and 5 sets with a 90 second break, following every set.
- Muscle endurance is essential – Ultimately, muscle endurance and cardio ranges are feasible. His exercise forms, strengthen muscles by lifting weights at different angles.
He was placed on a high nutrients diet program where he consumed around a pair of,500 to 3,200 calories every day. His nutrients came from clean nutrients sources like chicken, and beef whereas additionally intense a range of whole grains and vegetables to fuel his body throughout the coaching period.
Specifically, Downey’s breakfast include 2 eggs that square measure disorganised or stewed to cut back fat intake, 2 bread slices (fruit seasoned), 3 tomato items and milk (a quarter cup).
Full course meals include 2 whole bread slices, dish from chicken with dressing, non sweet coffee or tea and green vegetables.
Dinner includes of carrots, broccoli and lean pork, fish, beef or chicken. With strict adherence to the present diet set up, Downey makes straightforward transitions from the lean spectacular look to the Iron man strength characterised by soul muscles.
WE LOVE YOU ROBERT!!